Subscribe to my full feed.

I'm a big Skype fan - I use it to videoconference with my brother in S. Korea (teaching english for 2 years), my parents use it as free long distance (instead of their cell phones, I guess), and it's also one of my two instant messaging apps (the other being Google Talk, of course).

But up until now, it's been the only method of communication in my life that wasn't iPhone-compatible. Take a look:

1. Call me on my cell? iPhone rings or has your voicemail.
2. Email me at work? iPhone links to Exchange.
3. Leave me a voicemail on my WORK number? Cisco VOIP phone puts it in my inbox - on my iPhone.
4. Write me a personal email? Gmail has it - on my iPhone.
5. IM me on Google talk? iPhone does that too.

(And no, I don't have a land line).

But what to do with Skype? No matter - tomorrow, Skype will be releasing Skype for iPhone on the App Store - I'm not holding my breath for video calls, but the chat and voice features would be great - and I'll be first in line for the download.

0 comments:

Post a Comment