Subscribe to my full feed.

I've always appreciated Google's candor when releasing new features - the endless betas, and the flat out admissions of "this is new - and might not work right - but you can try it out!" are a great way to show the value constantly coming out of the Google R&D team, without the long waits for "major releases". That's the great thing about Cloud Computing - incremental, continuous, unobtrusive upgrades. If you don't need it, you don't even need to notice it!



I laughed out loud the first time I clicked the "Find and Replace" option in Google docs, and saw the following caveat:


I love it - "Find and Replace...but really just Find at the moment"! I appreciated simply knowing that better things were coming. And as of yesterday, they have!


Google Docs now has a Find and Replace toolbar that also takes regular expressions as search criteria - all accessible with keyboard shortcuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment